The Children's Cancer Research Institute (CCRI) of the St. Anna Kinderkrebsforschung Association is a renowned multidisciplinary research institution with tight links to the spin-off company LabDia Labordiagnostik GmbH and the St. Anna Children's Hospital, a leading paediatric cancer center. The paramount aim of the CCRI is to improve treatment outcome of malignant diseases in children and adolescents by performing basic, translational and clinical research. Moreover, the development of novel diagnostic approaches and treatment concepts is a major focus of the CCRI and LabDia. Our comprehensive cancer centre entertains close collaborations with many other research and clinical institutions worldwide.
The research group „Tumour Immunoediting Laboratory” led by Eva König (née Putz) is looking for a highly motivated
Technical Assistant (full-time, 40 hrs/week)
We are using humanized mouse models to improve our knowledge about the interaction of the immune system and cancer. Our aims are to find novel therapeutics to overcome immunosuppression and to reactivate the immune system to fight effectively against cancer. The use of in vivo mouse models will provide the opportunity to mimic the concerted interplay of paediatric leukaemia and immune cells. We use a broad spectrum of techniques, including biochemical approaches, immune-fluorescence-based protein expression profiling and genome-wide transcriptome analysis to find molecular mechanisms underlying the evasion of leukaemia from the immune system. Our group thereby particularly focuses on natural killer cells and their potential therapeutic application.
- You have completed a master’s degree or equivalent in molecular biology / genetics / immunology / or similar.
- You have experience with in vivo mouse models (the successful completion of a Felasa B course or equivalent would be beneficial, but is not a prerequisite).
- You are proficient in and/or are willing to learn different laboratory techniques (e.g. culturing of cell lines and primary cells, flow cytometry, qPCR, cloning, CRISPR/Cas9).
- You are experienced in project and process management, as well as in budget administration and compliance management.
- You have excellent organizational skills and operate thoroughly and in a responsible manner.
- You work in a well-structured, independent and solution-oriented way.
- Your easily communicate in German and/or English.
- You have a genuine interest in paediatric cancer research.
You will be an integral part of the team and contribute your knowledge and skills to support our ongoing research projects and to undertake administrative tasks. Innovative ideas are equally welcome as are independence in the performance of experiments. Fluency in the English language and an inherent ability to work in a team are basic requirements for a successful application. We are seeking a co-worker with high social skills and the ambition to advance his/her training.
For further information please see
The position is open immediately for the duration of 2,5 years (with the option of extension). The salary starts with 2.700 € pre-tax (14 x per year) with designated overpayment depending on your education and professional experience.
If we caught your interest, please send your application including a curriculum vitae, letter of motivation and the contact details of two referees to Eva König, email: email@example.com. Initial application deadline is the end of August 2019, but applications will be reviewed and the call will remain open until the position is filled.