Our working group’s research focus deals with the development and validation of new diagnostic methods based on flow cytometry. We focus mainly on leukaemia and lymphomas, which make up about 50% of all cases of cancer in children and adolescents. In summary, the topics of our work are investigations into disease-associated peculiarities of protein expression, which could in future be exploited clinically for elaborate diagnostics, risk stratification and treatment tailoring to individual needs. Our scientific focus also lies on the goal of developing new therapies for children and adolescents with leukaemia and lymphomas.
- Reiter M, Rota P, Kleber F, Diem M, Groeneveld-Krentz S, Dworzak M (2016) Clustering of cell populations in flow cytometry data using a combination of Gaussian mixtures. Pattern Recognition doi:10.1016/j.patcog.2016.04.004
- Karawajew L, Dworzak M, Ratei R, Rhein P, Gaipa G, Buldini B, Basso G, Hrusak O, Ludwig WD, Henze G, Seeger K, von Stackelberg A, Mejstrikova E, Eckert C. (2015) Minimal residual disease analysis by eight-color flow cytometry in relapsed childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Haematologica. 100(7):935-44
- Hrusak O, Basso G, Ratei R, Gaipa G, Luria D, Mejstrıkova E, Karawajew L, Buldini B, Rozenthal E, Bourquin JP, Kalina T, Sartor M, Dworzak MN, on behalf of the AIEOP-BFM Flow Network (2014) Flow Diagnostics Essential Code: A Simple and Brief Format for the Summary of Leukemia Phenotyping. Cytometry Part B (Clinical Cytometry) 86B:288–291.
- Boztug H, Schumich A, Pötschger U, Mühlegger N, Kolenova A, Reinhardt K, Dworzak M (2013) Blast cell deficiency of CD11a as a marker of acute megakaryoblastic leukemia and transient myeloproliferative disease in children with and without Down syndrome. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 84(6):370-8.
- Husak Z and Dworzak MN (2012) CD99 ligation upregulates HSP70 on acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells and concomitantly increases NK cytotoxicity. Cell Death and Disease (2012) 3, e425; doi:10.1038/cddis.2012.164