Technical Assistant (m/f/d) in Development of Cellular Therapeutics
Development of Cellular Therapeutics
To strengthen our excellent research team, which is focused on the development and research of innovative approaches for the treatment of childhood cancer, we are looking for a Technical Assistant (m/f/d). In this responsible role, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary competence center for pediatric oncology and to have a direct influence on the development of new cancer therapies.
In our recently launched Christian Doppler Laboratory for Next Generation CAR T Cells, which is an interdisciplinary collaboration project between Dr. Manfred Lehner at the St. Anna Kinderkrebsforschung (CCRI) and Dr. Michael Traxlmayr at BOKU (Institute of Biochemistry), we want to develop a new generation of CAR T cells for safe and specific tumor eradication. We have very successfully started this project and developed the technologies for novel molecular switches and CARs with AND-gate function (Zajc et al., PNAS 2020; Salzer et al. Nat. Comm. 2020). Now we are offering a position for a Technical Assistant (m/f/d) with a strong focus on research.
CAR T cell immunotherapy is one of the most attractive approaches in cancer therapy and has already shown groundbreaking success in therapy of previously incurable forms of leukemia. However, novel molecular tools for improving this type of immunotherapy are urgently needed for translating this success to solid tumors.
- Support in our research projects
- Contribution in the general lab management (e.g. ordering, preparation of general reagents, sample processing, and others)
- Support in conducting experiments with mice (e.g. bioluminescence imaging of tumor xenografts)
- University or University of Applied Sciences degree (MSc or PhD) in Life Sciences or a related field
- A FELASA B course would be advantageous
- Proven experience with common molecular biological methods and in working with cell cultures in a sterile environment
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly, and pay attention to detail
- Well structured in conducting and recording experiments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German not required)
- Communicative personality with strong team spirit and sense of responsibility
- A meaningful, inspiring, and international environment
- An outstanding working atmosphere in a strong team with excellent research and development opportunities
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible working hours, discounted lunch in our canteen and other great benefits
- Great location in the center of Vienna, a capital of biomedical research in Europe with excellent quality of life
- A fair and attractive salary package starting at € 2.500,-- gross (14x per year) on full-time basis with a view to increase based on your qualification and experience
Who we are
The St. Anna Children’s Cancer Research Institute (CCRI), located in the center of Vienna, the world’s most livable city and one of Europe’s most important places for biomedical research and life sciences, is an international and multidisciplinary competence center striving to improve treatment of children and adolescents with cancer by connecting translational and clinical research with open-minded exploration of basic disease mechanisms. Through close cooperation between clinic and research, the CCRI provides an ideal environment for cutting-edge research and its translation into clinical practice. To achieve our ultimate goal of advancing the well-being of patients, the CCRI constantly pushes scientific boundaries and strongly promotes close collaboration and exchange with external institutions like the Medical University of Vienna, CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (IMBA) and the Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP).
The CCRI is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing a work environment of mutual respect to everyone without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Please send your application via email to Manfred Lehner, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should at least contain your Curriculum Vitae and a motivational letter.