Research assistant (part-time, 20 hrs/week)
The “Genetics of Leukemias” group at the Children’s Cancer Research Institute (CCRI) of the St. Anna Kinderkrebsforschung in Vienna is looking for a highly motivated person interested in the in-depth genetic characterization of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children and adolescents and the validation of prognostic biomarkers to optimize risk stratification. To achieve this goal we are employing molecular genetic analyses including transcriptome sequencing of uniformly treated patient cohorts.
The ideal candidate has previous experience in both wet-lab work and basic bioinformatic skills (R, Bioconductor) in analyzing RNA-seq data.
* Master’s degree or equivalent in molecular biology, bioinformatics or related fields and at least three years of relevant practical experience.
* Proficiency in molecular biology techniques such as RNA isolation, PCR-based methods, primer design and sequence analysis.
* Profound computer skills at least in Microsoft Office are mandatory.
* A keen interest in pediatric cancer research.
* Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
* Excellent communication skills in German and/or English.
The position should be filled by May 1, 2019 and the initial appointment will be for one year with an option for further extension. The minimum salary for this position is € 1.450,- gross (paid 14x per year for 20 hrs/week). Depending on your education and professional experience a higher salary is possible.
The CCRI is a renowned research institution with tight links to the St. Anna Children's Hospital, a leading pediatric cancer center in Europe well connected through various international networks. The CCRI seeks to advance the diagnosis and treatment of children and young adults suffering from cancer through basic, translational and clinical research, in areas such as cancer biology, genetics, epigenetics and immunology.
If you are interested in this position, please send an application including an informative CV, a letter of motivation, a list of publications and the names and contact details of two potential referees (all documents merged into a single .pdf file, labeled with your surname) to Sabine Strehl: sabine.strehl(at)ccri.at.