Postdoc (m/f/d) in the field of pediatric oncology/immunology
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher (wet-lab or computational biology) to join our research group. This position offers a unique opportunity to participate in research in a multidisciplinary center for pediatric oncology and have a direct impact on the development of new cancer therapies.
Our group (https://science.ccri.at/research/research-areas/langerhans-cell-histiocytosis-lch/lch-biology/) strives to improve the outcome of patients with histiocytoses, a group of diseases located at the interface between cancer and immunology. We are combining cutting edge technologies (single-cell RNA-sequencing, genotyping of single cell transcriptomes) with in-vitro drug-testing assays and the analyses of clinical data of patients in order to understand how LCH develops and responds to therapy.
As a postdoc, you will
- Build a competitive project on a large, yet unexplored set of single-cell sequencing data of LCH-patient samples
- Collaborate with scientists and physicians within the CCRI, the St. Anna Children’s Hospital, and neighboring institutions
- Contribute to the supervision of junior group members
- PhD or MD in a relevant subject (molecular biology, cancer, immunology)
- Proven track record (at least one first-author publication in a reputable journal)
- Background in molecular biology and/or cell biology or computer science
- Prior experience in immunology or single cell analysis is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German not required)
- Good team player, enthusiasm, commitment, and creativity
- A meaningful, inspiring, and international environment
- An outstanding working atmosphere in a strong team with excellent research and development opportunities
- Focus on medically relevant problems, with a strong translational aspect and close collaboration with physicians and the clinical trial unit
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Great location in the center of Vienna, a capital of biomedical research in Europe with excellent quality of life
- A fair and attractive salary package according to the Austrian Science Fund FWF (https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs/)
Who we are
The St. Anna Children’s Cancer Research Institute (CCRI), located in the center of Vienna, the world’s most livable city and one of Europe’s most important places for biomedical research and life sciences, is an international and multidisciplinary competence center striving to improve treatment of children and adolescents with cancer by connecting translational and clinical research with open-minded exploration of basic disease mechanisms. Through close cooperation between clinic and research, the CCRI provides an ideal environment for cutting-edge research and its translation into clinical practice. To achieve our ultimate goal of advancing the well-being of patients, the CCRI constantly pushes scientific boundaries and strongly promotes close collaboration and exchange with external institutions like the Medical University of Vienna, CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (IMBA) and the Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP).
Please send your application via email to Caroline Hutter, email@example.com. Applications should contain your Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter, list of publications (please mark / explain your three top contributions), and the contact details of three references.